Mat Chair

by Normann Copenhagen

£250.75 Regular price £295.00

The Mat Chair is an example of how to create a contemporary shell chair with materials that have a lower environmental impact than the industry norm. 

Designed by Danish design studio Foersom & Hiort-Lorenzen for Normann Copenhagen, the shell of the Mat Chair is innovatively crafted using hemp and eelgrass, a type of seaweed.

Not only do the materials provide a more responsible product, they also play a key role in the aesthetic of the design, highlighting the natural beauty and tactility of the materials.

The Mat collection is designed for disassembly and recycling, ensuring that the components of the Mat Chair can be recycled into new productions for a fully circular life cycle.

Technical Information

79cm H x 51.6cm W x 53cm D x 45cm Seat Height
Weight 4,6 kg
The shell is crafted using a unique blend of 75% hemp fibers, while the remaining 25% constitute a specially developed, recyclable bico binder. The Seaweed variant comprises 69% hemp fibers, 6% eelgrass (seaweed) and 25% binder. If returned to Normann Copenhagen at the end of their life, both shell and base can be recycled
Clean with a damp cloth

Delivery Lead Time: Approx 2-3 weeks

Refund Policy

This product is ordered in from the manufacturer for you so is deemed a "custom order product". It is non returnable unless faulty on delivery. The lead time stated is an estimate and can be affected by production and transit variables.

Excluding shipping, taxes & discounts


View Blog Archive